Places I would love to go before I die (this list is often edited retroactively):
- Drive across the Australian outback in a Range Rover wearing khakis like this.
- Safari at the Serengeti (Tanzania) and Masai Mara (Kenya).
- Go to Antarctica via South America.
Eat my way around Turkey. Have my first cup of coffee on the banks of The Bosphorus.
- Arunanchal Pradesh, preferably on motorbike.
- The Valley of Kashmir, and then Leh.
- The land of the midnight Sun.
- Most of the states in India, including Kerala.
- Lakshadweep Islands (India) on a sail boat.
Travel to an untouched part of Northern Ireland.
- Have Bordeaux in Bordeaux on the way to Nice, by road.
- Goa, again and again and again. And again.
- Paragliding in New Zealand.
- Travel by train around Western Europe, including Spain and Portugal.
- Hitchhike my way around Eastern Europe.
Ride a Yak in Sikkim, India.
- Westy 12 and other Trappists in Belgium.
- Drive on the Malabar Coast (Western Indian Coast) in a locally made Chinkara Roadster.
- The East Coast and West Coast of the USA.
- Trans-Siberian Railway from Western to Eastern Russia, and then the Tibetan Railway from Eastern China to Tibet.
- A few of India’s neighbours: Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Bhutan (the Happiest Place on Earth – well almost).
- Watching mindless jingoism by India and Pakistan at the Wagah-Attari Border Ceremony. One of the most distressing things one can see.
- I want to not-have-pigs in Israel and Palestine.
- Take the “Motorcycle Diaries” journey from Buenos Aires, Argentina across South America, including places such as the Andes, Atacama Desert, and the Amazon River Basin.
- Go to the crown of Lady Liberty in New York.
- Watch test cricket in all major stadiums in South Africa and Australia.
- Tennis at the Wimbledon.
- Comedy clubs in the UK and USA.
- The Temple of Tigers in Thailand.
Play boardgames with locals in China.