In no particular order, here are a few people and sites that inspire and drive me in the field of photography:
- Steph Grant’s album of an Indian lesbian wedding. Possibly my favourite wedding album on the internet.
- The Last Days Style and a bit of nudity. Not safe for work.
- Steve McCurry One of my most favourite photographers, McCurry has been an inspiration since my early days when I used to look forward to his work in my National Geographics.
- Genuine Imitation A photoblog by my childhood friend Sumedha ‘Mia’ Sharma.
- Irina Werning’s ‘Back to the Future’ A photo series of old photos re-created with the same people several years later.
- Dear Photograph Pictures of pictures from the past in the present.
- Standard Edition and The Standard Edition
- Yowayowa Camera Woman is adorable!
- Humans of New York, because apart from great photographer, Brandon Stanton is a a great interviewer.
- Matteo Mencarelli, a dear friend who has taken – among other photos – my photo on the About page.
- The Sartorialist, for those interested in sartorial trends.
- Vivian Maier, a nanny in her lifetime, Vivian took photos but never got them developed. She stored the negatives in her attic. The negatives were discovered after her death and the world was introduced to a legendary street photographer.
- Jan Banning‘s Bureaucracy collection, where he has captured brilliant portraits of bureaucrats from around the world.
- Gabriele Galimberti‘s photo series of children from around the world with their most prized possessions.